Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Making the path of studying easier

Being a social worker is an honorable, remarkable, interesting, sometimes overwhelming, and exciting role to have. My name is Heather. I am a Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker and I am in the process of studying for my social worker licensing exam. I would like to help you to work on studying, as well.

Image courtesy of Sharon Schneider via Flickr


This blog will be a great way for you to get information regarding the studying process. I will submit posts regularly as they relate to my progress preparing for the Exam. As I go on this journey, I will provide you with information that you can use to make your studying go more smoothly.

Just the idea of taking the Licensing Exam can be nerve-racking, so I hope to ease some of your anxiety as I work on easing mine. Good luck, relax, and believe in yourself. We can do this together!

Thanks for reading!

Heather Gilmore, LLMSW

Also, here is TIP #1......Take a free sample test to see how you score before preparing or studying just to let yourself see how you do. Maybe you can give yourself a boost of confidence if you get a lot right or, on the other hand, maybe you can figure out areas that you might struggle with so you know to focus on those topics a little (or a lot) more.

I took this FREE sample 10-question test (the actual test is way longer): SWTP's Free 10-Question Practice Exam.  This was the first practice exam I've taken. Don't be shy about clicking around. If you feel like you might not know the answer while filling out the test, select "Show Rationale" below the question. Lots to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment