Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Do some sample tests!

Taking practice exams can be a great way to study. There are links to lots and lots of free practice questions here.  The best programs allow going through questions in either a study mode format or a test mode format. Study mode allows you to see the correct answer immediately after you select your answer. It also provides an explanation of why the correct answer is the right one. I feel I can retain the information better if I understand why an answer is correct.

This type of practice can help you to get your mind centered on the type of questions that will be covered on the exam. Think of it like exercise for the brain….the more you practice (the more you exercise), the more natural it feels and the easier it becomes.

At this point in my study process, I am aiming to familiarize myself with the types of questions on the test, take practice tests, and review study material through flash cards, old material from class, and freshening up on the major theories and “stages” of things (like Piaget, Erikson, Freud, etc.).

Continue to relax, organize, and take this one small step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment