(image courtesy of Alberto G. via flickr)
Here are the basics:
- The exam is given by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB). Click here for their website.
- The test contains 170 multiple choice questions. Only 150 of these actually count. The other 20 are questions they are testing out to see if they want to use them for future exams.
- You are allotted four hours to complete the test. I just did the math and that gives you about a minute and a half (1.41 minutes) to complete each question.
- The ASWB Candidate Handbook (available at aswb.org) states that the exam costs $230 or $260 depending on the type of exam.
- You have to receive an ASWB Authorization to Test letter in the mail that lets you know that you are able to register to take the exam.
- To set up a date to take the test, register online.